Maldon Roofing – Mansard Loft Conversions
Mansard loft conversions are a popular type of conversion that involves extending the roof on the rear of the property, typically at a 70-degree angle. This allows for maximum space to be created inside the loft area, making it a popular choice for those looking to add an extra room or increase the size of an existing room. Here are some key points to know about Mansard loft conversions:
- A Mansard loft conversion is typically suitable for properties in urban areas, where planning regulations are strict and require a certain aesthetic. It is not usually recommended for properties with a pitched roof or a hipped roof.
- The conversion involves extending the roof at a 70-degree angle, creating a flat roof with a slight slope. This creates more headroom and floor space inside the loft area.
- Depending on the size and configuration of the property, a Mansard loft conversion can typically create an extra room or two, such as a bedroom, office or playroom
- Planning permission is usually required for a Mansard loft conversion, as it falls outside of permitted development rights. However, this type of conversion is typically approved as long as it meets the relevant criteria.
- A Mansard loft conversion can add significant value to your property, typically increasing its value by around 20-25%.
- The cost of a Mansard loft conversion varies depending on factors such as the size and complexity of the conversion, the materials used and the location of the property. However, as a rough guide, prices can start from around £40,000 depending on size and material costs at the time.