Maldon Roofing – L-Shaped Loft Conversions
L-shaped loft conversions are a popular type of conversion that maximizes the available space in a property by creating an L-shaped extension on the existing roof structure. This type of conversion is particularly well-suited to properties with an existing hip roof, as it can create additional headroom and floor space without extending the overall height of the roof. Here are some key points to know about L-shaped loft conversions;
- An L-shaped loft conversion typically involves extending the roof on two sides of the property to create an L-shaped configuration.
- This type of conversion is typically suitable for properties with an existing hip roof, although it can also be adapted to other roof structures.
- L-shaped loft conversions typically require planning permission, as they involve significant structural work and changes to the roofline of the property.
- Depending on the size and configuration of the property, an L-shaped loft conversion can typically create several extra rooms, such as bedrooms, bathrooms, or a home office.
- L-shaped loft conversions can be a more expensive option than other types of conversions, due to the extensive structural work involved.